Position: FT Dentist
Location: Georgetown, DE & Milford, DE
Reports To: Chief Dental Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Mondays: Georgetown, DE
Tuesdays: Georgetown, DE
Wednesdays: Georgetown, DE
Thursdays: Milford, DE
Fridays: Milford, DE
-Period of Employment before Benefits Eligibility: Eligible on 61st day of Employment
-Medical Benefit: Health, Vision and Dental (Vision and Dental covered by office)
-Vacation: Up to 4 weeks of PTO
-Bonus/Profit Sharing/Incentives: Referral Bonuses, Performance Bonus, Quarterly Retention Bonus
-Continuing Education: 5 days of PTO Annually
-Holidays: 11.5 holidays including YOUR BIRTHDAY
-Personal Time: up to 4 weeks of PTO
-Sick Time: up to 4 weeks of PTO
-Criteria: (job description attached) 8-10 years of General Dental experience, public health or non-profit environment preferred. Bilingual preferred (Spanish or Creole)
SUMMARY: The Dentist will assess patients’ oral health; formulate comprehensive dental treatment for patients across the age spectrum; implement dental treatment plans including emergency treatment, disease control, restoration, and recall; make referrals to specialists as needed; encourage patient participation in prevention activities.
- Diagnose and treat diseases, injured and malformations of teeth, gums and related oral structures, and provide preventive and corrective services.
- Examines teeth, gums, and related tissues, using dental instruments, x-rays, and other diagnostic equipment to evaluate dental health, diagnose disease or abnormalities and plan appropriate treatments.
- Administer anesthetic to limit the amount of pain experienced by patients during dental procedures.
- Delivers direct patient care to patients.
- Formulates plan of care for each patient and communicated that plan.
- Educates patients on oral health care and preventive care.
- Using Dentrix, documents dental history or complaints, records and reports pertinent observations, treatments and care plans.
- Conducts patient triage for walk-in patients.
- Maintains and updates dental supplies and instruments as needed.
- Assembles and evaluates dental health educational materials.
- Trains and monitors performance of clinic staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Current Delaware Dental license.
- Minimum eight to ten years general dental experience; public or non-profit environment preferred.
- Demonstrated success in working as a member of a team and developing effective working relationships with staff and volunteers
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Demonstrated track record with respect to detail orientation and accuracy
- Computer literacy and competency with electronic donor tracking systems
- High level communication and interpersonal skills, for interaction with patients of all ages and backgrounds.
- An interest in the welfare of others and a sympathetic manner.
- Good administrative and managerial skills.
- Strong academic ability.
- Computer skills.
- Manual dexterity and technical dental skills, plus the ability to maintain intense concentration for prolonged periods.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours and to work with multi-cultural, diverse patient population.
- Prior experience in mentoring students preferred.
English. Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills a plus
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work as a leader and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal and relationship-building skills to effectively work with a variety of people and personalities; ability to communicate clearly in person and in writing
- Ability to manage and share pertinent information with staff and Board of Directors
- Goal-oriented and persistent
x-ray and panoramic x-ray equipment, wide range of dental instruments. Computer use and proficiency required.
Medical offices or dental operatories in Health Center. Controlled lighting, air quality, and temperature settings. Environmental hazards may be unpredictable including exposure to blood, communicable diseases and patient responses.
Involves standing, walking, kneeling, bending, grasping, manipulating and squatting and lifting (up to 50 lbs.).Standing may be more than six (6) hours per day. Must be able to work in a standard medical office setting including use of a computer, and standard office equipment. Must have ability to read computer screens, printed materials and hearing and speech to communicate in person as well as over the phone. Must be able to attend meetings or make presentations at various sites when required. Stress can be triggered by workload and complex cases.
- The Administrative office is located in Georgetown, Delaware.
- The Candidate should recognize that this practice is committed to ensuring that we follow basic fundamental principles of ethical business conduct and adhere to all applicable laws and regulations to protect our office’s good name and reputation.
- In that all Associates contribute to the overall growth and development of our office, it is occasionally necessary for Associates to perform tasks that are not specifically indicated in their position descriptions.
If interested, please submit resume to email@example.com
IF YOU KNOW ANYONE LOOKING, PLEASE SHARE!
WE WILL ONLY ACCEPT RESUMES IN MICROSOFT WORD FORMAT
*Office would prefer to remain confidential during resume screening process*
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org