SUPERVISION: Chief Medical Officer
Location: Wilmington, DE 19801
The Dentist provides the highest level of quality dental care for pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients. The standard of care includes preventative dental health services, diagnosing conditions and appropriate referrals to specialists.
Team Philosophy Statement:
This office provides affordable access to integrated and coordinated family practice, women’s health, dental and behavioral health care services to the entire family under one roof. We operate with a team of caring, competent, and productive providers and staff who focus on quality, compassionate, and coordinated care in order to provide outstanding service to patients and families. Our staff place a high value on teamwork. They must accept changing duties, be multi-skilled, and perform a variety of tasks in the care of our patients. Each member of the team is dedicated to continuous learning, and contributes toward our goal of providing outstanding health care services to our patients.
Full time positions will include 40 hours per week with administrative time provided. Part-time positions can offer a negotiated schedule.
• Providing routine and emergency dental care
• Performing exams and evaluating X-rays to determine a patient’s health
• Administering or prescribing medications to decrease pain and improve patient health
• Interact with patients and instruct them on proper oral care
• Fixing or removing damaged teeth
• Filling cavities
• Developing treatment plans to deal with any dental health issues
• Measuring and fitting dental appliances
• Referring patients to a specialist if needed
• Emphasize preventative health measures.
• Determine which diagnostic studies are appropriate; evaluate and communicate the results to the patient. Document and follow-up as necessary.
• Complete electronic records as required to ensure timely billing procedures.
• Complete required patient forms as necessary.
• Obtain consent for the communication of medical reports’ prepare these reports as required in a timely fashion.
• Collaborate with Chief Medical Officer and other staff on recommendations for treatment plans and practice improvement.
• May serve as an active member of the Quality Improvement Committee.
• Collaborate with Henrietta Johnson Medical Center to establish and maintain a patient following, including participation in community health service programs as needed.
• Additional duties as specified by the Chief Medical Officer as needed.
The Dentist must have:
• A degree in dental surgery (DDS) or dental medicine (DMD) from a school approved by the Council on Dental Education, American Dental Association (ADA).
• A license to practice dentistry in the State of Delaware.
• A controlled substance certificate from the State of Delaware and from the Drug Enforcement Administration.
• Board certified with the American Board of General Dentistry preferred.
Incumbent must have proper immunizations including COVID-19.
The individual will have access to the patient records. Professionalism and confidentiality must be maintained at all times.
If interested, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
IF YOU KNOW ANYONE LOOKING, PLEASE SHARE!
WE WILL ONLY ACCEPT RESUMES IN MICROSOFT WORD FORMAT
*Office would prefer to remain confidential during resume screening process*
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com